The ABC song is one of the best ways to learn your alphabet. In fact, it’s one of the most popular nursery rhymes and kids songs! Do you know your ABC?
Y and Z.
Now I know my ABC’s
Next time won’t you sing with me?
Educational Activities for ABC Song
- Now you can sing your ABC. What about trying to write your ABC?
- If you already know your ABC, why not write the letters down the side of the page? Then next to each letter, write or draw something that begins with that letter. For example, next to “S” you could write “Songs with Simon”! If you really want a challenge, why not limit yourself to writing or drawing something of a certain type, such as animals or machines or toys or names?
Facts about ABC Song
- The English alphabet has 26 letters. Each letter has an uppercase (capital letters) and lowercase (small letters) way of writing it.
- The modern English alphabet is based on the Latin alphabet which was used by the ancient Romans. This was in turn based on a version of the Greek alphabet.
- By playing a game of Scrabble, you can get an idea of which letters are used most in the English language. The more common tiles correspond with the more common letters and are worth fewer points. “E” is the most commonly used letter in the English language and “Z” is the least common.
Download the words to ABC Song.